Trust is important in any relationship. More so in a long distance one: You have to trust your partner, and you also have to trust yourself.
I´m not talking about ¨temptation¨ or anything like that. Let me explain a bit:
There´s the trust that you have that your partner will not cheat on you, but there is also the trust that you need to have on yourself to keep trusting your partner. I think this part is the most crucial to a succesful long distance relationship.
Of course I think that not cheating is important, but the truth is, you cannot control whether your partner cheats on you or not. You can only control wheather you cheat on your partner or not, and whether you keep trusting your partner or not.
Now, I have never cheated on my husband, and I´m pretty sure he has never cheated on me, but that doesn´t mean that I don´t get jealous every once in a while. The key is recognizing what may be "real danger" and what may be just insecurities, and that takes a great deal of self-knowledge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment