Sunday, November 1, 2009

Home alone

This week, both my roommates are gone. One is house-sitting for a friend, while the other is with her BF at a conference.

I enjoy spending time by myself. I can watch TV as late and loud as I want, eat like a pig without feeling judged or making my other roommates feel bad (they´re both watching their weight...while me... not so much) and I can be as messy as I want to!!

It does get a bit lonely sometimes, but that only lasts until my husband gets online and we can chat.

Since ¨being by myself¨ is a big part of having a long distance marriage, I guess it´s not a bad thing to be good at.


Today I went to the mall and did some shopping. Now, when I say shopping, I mean bargain shopping - remember that I´m a grad student!

I was actually pretty lucky today and I scored a 3x2 on sale items at Banana Republic. I got a sweater for my husband and another for me, plus a pair of earrings, all for $35!! (instead of $140!!!) :D

Bonus: a pretty fashionable lady asked where I got my cardigan (JC Penney) and then asked me if I was into Fashion or Design :P I know it´s silly, but it was a pretty nice self-esteem booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment